Wednesday, July 2, 2008

TILT: (Wed) Getting hammered in the sun

Lately, my DC United soccer games are during the day (weekends), and I get to the tailgate for some beverage consumption prior to the event. My Screaming Eagles membership gives me free beer from the kegs they get. So, I sit out with friends (including my dog Sasha's vet!) and drown a few. This is fine, when it's not too hot. But when it IS hot, like lately and for the next few months here in DC, this is trouble. I get so sweaty, particularly when I keep to the normal black shirts. I just purchased a real United jersey in white to wear in the heat, but it's not so good for the usual goal of a "black out" as it's called for our fan section in the bouncing seats of RFK. So, I swelter. I get home and usually have a splitting headache. Great soccer. But, not so great results personally. Ugh.

No comments: