Saturday, July 19, 2008

TILT: (Mon) Bern in full flood

After arriving on a rainy Sunday, we had good Swiss cheese (they don't call it that -- they call it Emmentaler and other things, depending on which kind) and bread and cold meats for dinner. And, Feldschlosschen beer -- my Swiss favorite.





The next day, we drove to Bern to wander around. Grand old city built the in curve of the Aare river. Wonderful to just walk around.






And, then have a beer -- in this case the local brewery's quaff. That was near those Bern bears you may have heard of.




There are many towers and statues along the main street that are funny, like a monkey, like a fat man eating babies -- all not pictured to remain politically correct. But along with statues, there is something else commonly encountered in Switzerland. Let me see ...







I remembered: it's clocks. I've heard the Swiss are more famous for that than cheese. I could be wrong.

No comments: