Wednesday, July 2, 2008

TILT: (Mon) Monday Monday

I wish it weren't. No, not really. I'm just humming that PP&M song. If I remembered the words, I'd write them. Harmony, simple pleasing harmony over guitar and light other instruments, with strings and some tamborine. Oops -- just found this on my iTunes and it's Mamas and Papas, not PP&M. Of course. Now the words: Monday morning, I hope it was all you hoped it would be. ... Couldn't guarantee ... that Monday evening you'd still be here with me.

There aren't many songs with tamborine anymore. Even people playing tamborine man don't use that instrument in the song. Odd.

I have other Monday songs in my music library -- Manic Monday, Stormy Monday. Both sound bad, just in title, don't they? Both are actually good songs, however. So, in general, Monday is a good music day. At least according to my iTunes library. Wish I felt that way more often.

No comments: