Monday, May 26, 2008

TILT: (Wed) Minneapolis has swamps

I stayed at a hotel near the airport and when work was done, I jogged to the nearby nature preserve which was a swamp. It was very pretty, and I was there at the end of the day when the light is just gorgeous, perfectly backlighting the swamp grasses with their tufty ends waving in the breeze. When you're just thinking how bucolic it all is, a big jet passes nearby very low landing into the airport.

This hotel was also across the street from the Mall of America -- which used to be the largest mall in the world. I walked over there and around one level to get a feel. It does have 3 levels and a real rollercoaster or two in the middle. But, it didn't see that large. I ate sushi, bot some shoes and recovered from the run by ... walking. I was tired that evening. But, all in all, a really great day of both work and diversion. I'd do it all again.

No comments: