Monday, May 26, 2008

TILT: (Sun) My wife is sick

Yes, she's just coughing and lazing on the couch. This is NOT her usual position, not even on weekends. She's one of those that's always doing something, even if it is just work on the weekends.
(this is NOT my wife)
When a close adult is sick, you sort of feel like helping, but you know they know how to help themselves. So, you offer to bring the kleenex or pills or a drink, and you often get your head chopped off for bothering them. Or, a "thanks" in a weak sort of admitting no weakness voice. How to help the not so weak then? Just push thru and keep offering? Leave them alone? I don't know. I've tried all of these techniques and gotten differing results. I'm never sure what to do. Oh well. I guess that keeps sickness interesting, even for the healthy. Or, does it just make it more annoying? Hmm.

No comments: