Wednesday, April 16, 2008

TILT: Working harder or just working too much?

I learned today (Monday) that I can be accused of working too much. Even when I'm procrastinating, perhaps even longer when I am. When I do finish something, I get to stop. When I don't, even when I'm writer's blocked or just ... doing other things, I work longer. I make up things to do, or I do a few silly little things instead of the one or two big things I should be doing. Then, I think about things after I stop too. I guess that means it does feel good to get something done -- pressure is off. But until then, pressure is on, and the work seems to get extended. I thought I'd stopped the too much working back in my 20s, but here I am in my 40s still having workaholic periods. And, not necessitarily for getting more done unfortunately. Sometimes I just work longer and get the same set of things done -- not enough, not even what I'd hoped. Is this this definition of procrastination? Of writer's block? Or just of stupidity? Hmm.

What'd you get done today? We'll at least I penned this blog entry. Actually even this I did 2 days too late.

No comments: