Sunday, April 27, 2008

TILT: (Sun) My daughter can SING!

I'm still amazed at things like this. My own daughter up on stage singing and sounding really good. Heck, I'm amazed when I hear a recording of me playing guitar that sounds good. I'm amazed that regular people like us can make reasonable music. In fact, one theme of a book I just read (Music on the Brain) was that only recently in human history have there been musician experts -- for much longer, EVERYONE was involved in the music and dancing. Interesting point. Now we watch others do it. But, it is nice to do some yourself. And, to see someone close to you doing it well. I'm amazed at my daughter. Wow. Makes me happy to see her doing so well. I'm amazed, but I shouldn't be -- that my daughter doing well makes ME feel happy.
While it makes sense, and I've heard others say things like this to me, to feel it myself is really a remarkable new feeling. Amazing!

No comments: