Wednesday, July 2, 2008

TILT: (Sat) The play's the thing

Antony and Cleopatra -- live and in person. We sat so close to the stage that the actors were ... right there! A fun thing about live theatre. Also, I had not seen / read that one in ages (perhaps never?). Interesting sections. Shakes is always interesting. HUGE cast, and I don't mean the actors were overweight. Lots of turning out in military-esque costumes. Changing backstage was probably problematic. Nice excursion. My wife keeps me / us in enough culture that we do really enjoy being in a big city. I'm glad. I probably wouldn't do it by myself. But, I like doing it. Heck, I probably wouldn't have done the DC United tickets if my wife hadn't given them to me for a birthday. (I guess she can't figure out what to give me either. I'm not complaining, mind you.)

No comments: